recipe by Michelle R.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line one baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Set aside.
- Roll out sheet of thawed puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface until it is a 10-inch square.
- Cut square into four squares then transfer the squares to the prepared baking sheet. Space them out so that they aren't touching one another.
- Use a fork to poke the pastry all over then place a dollop of the cream cheese mixture (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) into the center of each square, spreading it slightly into a small circle.
- Place a dollop of Blackberry Bay Leaf jam on the cream cheese, and then place 3 to 4 blackberries on top of the jam.
- Using a sharp knife, make four cuts from the center toward the edge of each square. (Do not cut underneath where the cream cheese is.) Fold one corner from each piece you've cut into the center, pressing it lightly atop the raspberries. Repeat the cutting and folding process with the remaining pastries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg with 1 tablespoon water. Brush each pinwheel all over with the egg wash. Sprinkle the exposed pastry with the turbinado sugar.
- Bake the pastries for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown and puffed around the edges.