- Frozen multigrain waffles
- Laura Ann's CHERRY CHERRY jam
- Honey baked ham, already cooked and sliced
- 1 or 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Swiss cheese, thinly sliced or grated
- Confectioners' sugar
A Monte Cristo waffle sandwich is great ANYtime, thanks to frozen multigrain waffles — and my CHERRY CHERRY jam!
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Set aside.
- Remove frozen waffles from packaging and place on a cutting board or plate. Slather each waffle with Laura Ann's CHERRY CHERRY jam. Dip one or two slices of the ham in the egg mixture, then place on one of the waffles. Add the cheese, then top with the other waffle.
- Toast the sandwich in a lightly oiled cast iron skillet or toaster oven, until the waffles are a nice golden brown and the Swiss cheese runs a little over the sides. Remove, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cut in half and enjoy!