The most Jamazing Ribbon cookies you have ever tasted!
Preheat oven to 375℉.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and the vanilla and mix until egg is incorporated. Add the salt, nutmeg and half of the flour. Beat until well combined.
- Beat in remaining flour until it forms a ball. Divide dough into 8 portions. Roll each portion of dough into a 9-inch long rope.
- Place each log onto ungreased cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches between each. Using the side of your finger, or the handle of a wooden spoon, make a groove down the length of each rope.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Spoon in L.A.’s Holiday Marmalade into the grooves and put back into the oven to bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the edges being to brown. Leave on cookie sheets for at least five minutes before carefully removing with a large spatula onto a cutting board. Cool and then drizzle the glaze on. Once the glaze has set, about 30 minutes, carefully slice the logs on the diagonal in 1-inch pieces (be gentle, the cookies are delicate).
Powdered Sugar Glaze
¾ cup sifted powdered sugar
¼ tsp vanilla extract
4 tsps milk
- In a bowl, mix powdered sugar with milk until it becomes thin enough to drizzle. Add the vanilla extract.
Yields approximately 72 cookies.