Not quite jingle bells, but these meatballs ring in the season. The pop of Laura Ann’s Holiday Jam flavor is a mouthful in the best way.
LAURA ANN’S HOLIDAY MARMALADE MEATBALLS
Takes 45 minutes
1 pound ground beef or lamb or a combo
½ cup minced onion
¼ cup toasted pecans or walnuts, chopped
1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt, allspice, cinnamon and white pepper
¾ cup LAURA ANN’S HOLIDAY MARMALADE
1 cup water
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- In a large pot, sauté the onions until browned. Remove, add to a bowl and let cool.
- Add the meat, chopped nuts, salt, allspice, cinnamon and white pepper to the bowl. Combine all and form into approximately 24 meatballs.
- Heat a large soup pot and add the meatballs in a single layer.
- Brown, turning occasionally. When they are nice and dark, add the remaining ingredients including LAURA ANN’S HOLIDAY MARMALADE.
- Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the lid and let the sauce reduce until it is a thick glaze, about 4 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the meatballs from the pan. Season with additional salt and pepper and serve with additional sauce on a platter or individually on toothpicks as a passed appetizer.