As seen on Chef AJ Live!
Takes 20 minutes
Vegan, gluten free, oil free, side dish
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 cup toasted walnuts
2 bunches Swiss chard, rinsed but not dried. Leaves and stems sliced into ribbons
½ cup Laura Ann’s LO-FI Cherry Fruit Spread
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar ( I used California Balsamic’s White balsamic)
Freshly ground black pepper
- In a dry cast-iron skill, add the onion and walnuts and toast lightly until the nuts are browned and the onion is slightly softened.
- Add the Swiss chard (ribbons and sliced stems) and continue to cook, stirring the chard, for about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, thin the cherry spread with the vinegar and season with pepper. Continue to sauté for another 3 minutes until the chard is wilted.
- Add the LO-FI Cherry Fruit Spread and stir to coat.
- Remove the pan from the heat, season with pepper and serve immediately.