A stop at Musso & Frank is Hollywood is a MUST if you ever come to LA. I was honored when 10 years ago they took the 100 year old recipe to "update it" and the ONLY change was to add my jam. :-)
- 3 (4-inch) puff pastry rounds
- 3 tablespoons of cinnamon sugar
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 2 cups of Laura Ann's Strawberry Vanilla Jam
- 1/2 pint of fresh strawberries
"You have to respect a dessert that requires a sharp knife to properly cut it"
- preheat oven to 350
- Place puff pastry rounds on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle disks with cinnamon sugar and prick each puff pastry disk a couple of times with a fork. Bake for about 20-25min until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a Medium-sized stainless steel bowl, combine the heavy cream and powdered sugar and whisk till the mixture has stiff peaks.
- When the cooked puff pastry is cool, place one disk in the middle of a cutting board. Spread with half of the Strawberry Vanilla Bean Jam and top with 1/3 of the whipped cream. Repeat the layers once more. Top with the third pastry disk and finish with whipped cream, spreading it over the top and sides (save a little whipped cream for garnishing)
- Using a sharp knife, cut the cake into 4 equal portions and place on 4 plates. Garnish with strawberries & additional whipped cream!